On December 1, 2022, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) will Open the Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP) application portal for fiscal year (FY) 2023.
Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)
- VQIP: A voluntary program that provides importers with control, safety and security of their supply chains.
- The Benefits: Expedited review and importation of human and animal foods into the United States.
How to participate in VQIP?
- Food importers must meet eligibility requirements.
- Ensure that their foreign suppliers’ facilities are certified by the FDA’s Accredited Third Party Certification Program .
- Certifications: Certification bodies conduct food safety audits of foreign facilities and farms and issue the certifications importers need to participate in VQIP.
ATTENTION: DEADLINE FOR REGISTRATION
Importer interested in applying for VQIP benefits during (FY) 2023, the portal will close May 31, 2022.
Supports the FDA Strategy for the Safety of Imported Food by incentivizing importers to use certified suppliers and robust processes and procedures to help ensure imported food is meeting U.S. food safety
For more information click here.
KNOW MORE ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
About Global Regulatory Partners
Global Regulatory Partners Inc, (GRP) is an American company that provides regulatory affairs, clinical, quality and safety services to medical devices, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and Food Supplement companies globally.
GRP headquarters is located in Massachusetts USA and its main affiliates are located in China, Japan, Brazil, and Mexico. GRP helps many life science companies register their products in different countries in compliance with local regulations.