ANVISA Brazil announced in early September 2022 important updates to its Collegiate Directorate Resolution (RDC) 185/2001.
The changes strengthen the country’s medical device registration regulations on the effective date of March 1, 2023.
The updates to Resolution of the Collegiate Board of Directors (RDC)No.185/2001 define the documentary requirements and applicable medical device classification rules.
In addition to internalizing the standard, the text consolidates a number of other regulations issued by Anvisa that deal with the medical device regularization process.
Main Changes of the Resolution
- Specific classification rules for new technologies, such as Software as Medical Device and nanomaterials;
- Unification of the rules: of notification, of registration and of changes in a single RDC;
- Incorporation of rules for the Documentary Repository of Medical Devices. Note: this requires uploading the Instructions for Use (IFUs) to an ANVISA portal.
- Incorporation of rules on Instructions for use in non-printed format;
- Adoption of the Table of Contents structure (IMDRF’s Table of Contents) for the Technical Dossiers, allowing the use of dossiers prepared for multiple jurisdictions (regulatory convergence);
- Prevision of situations for depletion of stock of finished products, packaging, labels and instructions for use;
- Formalization of the procedural re-evaluation procedure;
- General modernization of the text and updating of terminology.
Learn more about ANVISA medical device regulations:
Brochure : GRP USA Services
We are a global consulting firm Headquartered in Boston Massachusetts USA that provides Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Clinical and Safety services to pharmaceutical and medical device companies worldwide to register their product with the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) the local Health Authority (HA)
About Global Regulatory Partners
Global Regulatory Partners Inc, (GRP) is an American company that provides regulatory affairs, clinical, quality and safety services to medical devices, pharmaceutical, cosmetic and Food Supplement companies globally.
GRP headquarters is located in Massachusetts USA and its main affiliates are located in China, Japan, Brazil, and Mexico. GRP helps many life science companies register their products in different countries in compliance with local regulations.